Research Associate-Protein Biochemistry
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posted on Monday, July 17, 2023
Who We AreAbdera Therapeutics Inc. is a precision oncology company developing next-generation targeted radiation therapies- one of the most cutting-edge and highly promising areas of drug development. The company is built on a proprietary modular technology platform optimized for the delivery of radioisotopes to selectively destroy tumor cells while sparing healthy cells. Abdera is using this platform to enable the rapid development of a broad range of safe and efficacious therapies serving cancer patients with limited treatment options.Abdera Therapeutics is growing rapidly and seeking key new team members who thrive at the cutting-edge of innovation. Come join us and be a part of the ground-breaking team set to unlock the power of targeted radiotherapy! What We Look ForAt Abdera Therapeutics, we are looking for curious and committed individuals who are ready for the opportunity to transform the way people living with cancer can be treated. We are determined in our focus to offer new hope to families facing devastating diagnoses. We are in search of team members who work collaboratively with a diverse group of colleagues, respectfully engaging one another while collectively and inclusively tackling any challenges we may face. We are building an exciting and fast paced company passionate about discovering and developing tomorrow’s most innovative cancer therapies. Principal Responsibilities
- Performs antibody purification using various chromatography techniques, to aid antibody discovery and development efforts
- Performs antibody analysis including quantification, aggregation and stability analysis
- Performs antibody conjugation
- Analyse and present data
- Work cross-functionally with other teams
- BSC/MSc in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or related field, with 1-2 years relevant experience
- Experience with protein/antibody purification critical
- Protein purification by various chromatography techniques, using FPLC systems
- Protein quantification, and CE-SDS
- Antibody purification/analysis or conjugation experience an asset
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to work collaboratively with a cross-functional team
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Strong organizational, communication and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and execute to meet project deadlines.
- Proactive, innovative, with strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite, Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- At ease in start-up environment