Posted on Wednesday, January 3, 2024
Prilenia Therapeutics, a clinical-stage biotech company focused on the urgent mission of developing novel therapeutics to slow the progression of neurodegenerative diseases and neurodevelopmental disorders, is looking for a bookkeeping manager to join its team in Israel.
We are a flexible, fast-moving team that is quickly advancing a potential therapy poised to have major impact on the lives of patients and their families. Our lead product candidate, pridopidine, holds Orphan Drug Designation in both Huntington’s disease (HD) and Amyotrophic lateral Sclerosis (ALS) in the U.S. and EU, as well as Fast Track designation from the FDA for the treatment of HD. Prilenia is working on preparing for a potential regulatory filing for HD and for starting a global phase 3 in ALS with pridopidine.
Pridopidine has the potential to be the first treatment to address HD disease clinical progression. Prilenia also believes pridopidine’s novel mechanism of action as a Sigma-1 receptor agonist gives it potential in numerous other neurological diseases.
About the role
We seek an experienced Bookkeeping Manager to join our team. In this position, you will oversee daily bookkeeping tasks, handle accounts payable activities, and generate monthly reports for the finance manager. The ideal candidate will have experience in a global environment with multiple entities, have strong attention to detail, be a quick learner, and demonstrate teamwork and independent work capabilities. This position is a part of the finance team.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manage all bookkeeping aspects of the company.
- Work closely with the Finance Manager and external vendors in managing our day-to-day accounting and finance for all 4 entities.
- Manage all activities related to Accounts Payable – process vendor invoices, approval flow, prepare vendor payments, AP reconciliation, maintain the GL in an accurate, complete and up-to-date manner.
- Prepare the trial balance and supporting documentation for the monthly closing process.
- Reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts, including but not limited to bank accounts, credit cards, etc.
- Contribute to the periodic reporting tasks and support with year-end audit process.
- Contribute to the design and implementation of the company’s financial system.
- Handle VAT and tax reporting to authorities.
- Perform other finance ad-hoc tasks as required.
- Certified bookkeeper (Type 3).
- 10+ years of proven experience managing all bookkeeping aspects in a fast-paced working environment.
- Experience with multicurrency accounts payable management and bank accounts reconciliations in a global environment with multiple entities.
- Previous experience in a start-up environment.
- Excellent English (native speaking level).
- Previous experience in the life science industry (biotech/pharma).
- Experience working with NetSuite ERP system.
- Highly organized with strong attention to details, focus and prioritizing skills.
- Independent thinker, able to carry out tasks independently and in collaboration with other team members.
- Ability to quickly learn, process, summarize and present new information.
- Ability to integrate effectively data from multiple sources, identify and solve discrepancies.
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal capabilities.
- This is a full-time hybrid position in Israel (mostly remote).
- Flexible schedule with interactions across Israel, North America and Europe time zones.