Senior Director/VP Finance
Accounting & Finance, Sales & Business Development
Posted on Thursday, January 18, 2024
Prilenia Therapeutics, a clinical-stage biotech company focused on the urgent mission of developing novel therapeutics to slow the progression of neurodegenerative diseases and neurodevelopmental disorders, is looking for a Sr./Exec. Director, Finance to join its team in Israel, Europe or East Coast US.
We are a flexible, fast-moving team that is quickly advancing a potential therapy poised to have major impact on the lives of patients and their families. Our lead product candidate, pridopidine, holds Orphan Drug Designation in both Huntington’s disease (HD) and Amyotrophic lateral Sclerosis (ALS) in the U.S. and EU, as well as Fast Track designation from the FDA for the treatment of HD. Prilenia is working on preparing for a potential regulatory filing for HD and for starting a global phase 3 in ALS with pridopidine.
Pridopidine has the potential to be the first treatment to address HD disease clinical progression. Prilenia also believes pridopidine’s novel mechanism of action as a Sigma-1 receptor agonist gives it potential in numerous other neurological diseases.
About the role
We are looking for a qualified Finance lead to join our growing team ahead of additional financing and preparations for potential commercialization. The ideal candidate will be a proactive and collaborative leader, with background in late-stage biotech/pharma (preferably in commercial setting).
In this role, you will lead FP&A and operational finances, overseeing our growing Finance team. This hands-on leadership role requires a candidate who can seamlessly navigate high-level, complex finance responsibilities while also delving into day-to-day details. As we are a virtual and global organization, we value candidates who are comfortable and adept in a remote work environment.
Reporting directly to the Chief Operating Officer, you will play a key role in steering our financial strategies and ensuring the success of our financial operations.
*The position's level will be determined according to the candidate's experience.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Lead FP&A, budgetary planning and cost management in alignment with the company’s strategic plans.
- Develop and implement strategic financial strategies, overseeing all aspects of planning and operations, including tax evaluations and insurance policies.
- Ensure timely, accurate, and useful financial and management reporting to the company’s leadership, BOD and shareholders while maintaining adherence to financial regulations and reporting requirements.
- Oversee accounting policies and procedures, reporting, financial statements and audits (led by Controller and Finance manager).
- Effectively lead a small and high-performing team of finance and accounting professionals with a focus on professional growth and collaboration.
- Lead IPO readiness activities.
- Support business development and investor relations activities.
- Oversee the design of and management of the company’s financial systems.
- Support company’s vendor negotiations and management e.g. obtain and maintain financial benchmarks, financial oversight.
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a relevant financial discipline - must;
- 12+ years of corporate life science or biotechnology/pharma experience in roles of increasing responsibility within finance/accounting or investment banking.
- IPO, SPAC, VC, M&A or start-up exit experience within biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry – preferred.
- Demonstrated and significant experience in supporting biotechnology fundraising efforts including various financial instruments and creative financing.
- Strong knowledge of FP&A, US GAAP, tax, internal controls, and financial reporting.
- Prior managerial experience in a remote setting preferred.
- Some international interaction experience – preferred.
- Thrives in a fast-paced organization and possesses a hands-on, roll-up-your-sleeves mentality.
- Team player, collaborator, flexible and highly adaptive to change.
- Excellent communications skills; including the ability to effectively present complex financial content to executives and other key stakeholders. Prior experience presenting to investors and/or directors a plus.
MBA/CPA – preferred.
- This is a full-time mostly remote hybrid position in Israel/East Coast US (Boston area preferred) or EU (Netherlands preferred).
- Flexible schedule with interactions across Israel, North America and Europe time zones.